Monday, May 28, 2012

They ~ Parents

Guest post by "Jhakki"

They tell me when to get up and when to go to bed,
They tell me what colors to wear, orange, blue or red,

They put my breakfast into my mouth and lunch box in my bag,
And tell me how to walk and talk and bid me not to rag,

They tell me not to call my friends unless it’s really urgent,
They tell me to have a short conversation, only about the important,

They tell me when to just sit back and when to smile and play,
And when to keep it quiet and when to say my say,

They tell me how to take up life and when to let it go,
And when to give my consent and when to just say no,

I wish to God, there would ever arrive, such a “free-will day”,
That I may call “my very own” and do anything that I may,

But then a brain wave crosses my mind and fills my soul with fears,
And a silent prayer arises and cuts my heart like shears,

I pray to God that never should such an unworthy day go by,
When they are not there for me, or else that I should die!!

No comments:

Post a Comment